Sunday, August 14, 2005

Protected by love

Hi Sweet Girl,

I was sad this afternoon, thinking of how much I'm going to miss you while your Dad and I go to Cancun. I looked at you walking, stumbling, picking yourself up to standing again, and my heart was sad thinking we'll be apart for a week and a half.

Your Dadada is driving you to your Aunt & Uncle's tomorrow while I'm at work. I'm sure you'll make the best of it and play with your cousins, and I'll make the best of Cancun and try not to miss you too much, but we've never been apart more than a couple nights before.

Sense usurped sensitivity at last and I surrendered to enjoying you. I didn't want you to feel something was wrong, that my sadness meant you were doing something wrong, so I just felt the love I have for you, warming me.

You are such a fabulous little girl. Everytime you walk to me and throw your arms around me I melt into a big sloppy puddle. You know you're doing something good, too, walking with that big wild grin on your face.

Tonight we watched Charmed while I cleaned up the living room and then I decided it was time for Xena and I pulled out the DVD. You like Xena, I can tell because you point at the TV when the theme song comes on and say AAAYYYYY. Your Dadada, he's a great man, but he doesn't get Xena like we do.

I told you it was time for bed soon and you walked around wearing off some of the last dregs of your energy until you came over to me on the couch and lifted one leg to try to climb up. This is my cue to pick you up and lay you down spoon-like in front of me.

You fell asleep about halfway through the program, on top of me diagonally, your back on my chest, legs off me to the left. You had one arm reaching back, touching me under my chin and I had my right arm over your tummy, keeping you safe.

I made a wish while you slept, your face two inches from mine. I said that while we're apart that you are protected by love, light, and all that is good; and that every day we're apart you will feel my love for you and know that we will be together again soon.

Do you know I love you?
Mamama

No comments: