Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Already missing you

Hi sweet girl,

I was sad today I watched your Dadada leave to deliver you to your Uncle John's and Aunt Susi's. I came back into the house and fumbled around a bit unsure of what to do with myself. Sure, I had a list of errands to run and more to add to the list, but I felt a bit lost without you to wrap my Tuesday around.

Your Dadada called me after he dropped you off and said that was he hardest thing he's had to do in a while. As he was leaving you, he told you it was time for him to go and to give Daddy a kissy. You puckered up your lips and leaned over and kissed him. That's the first time I've heard of you doing that!

Around 7:30 as I was settling in to eat dinner, I thought of you. I closed my eyes, slowed down my breath until my heart felt warm, and I pictured myself wrapping my arms around you. I called your Aunt & Uncle's house a half hour later, and it turned out that's when you went to sleep.

Your Aunt Susi is a mom after my own heart, she told me what you ate for dinner (carrots and broccoli and TWO cups of milk!) and when you fell asleep. She said you were such a good baby and hardly cried today.

Maybe I'm doing my job okay afterall.

I love you stinky-dink.
Mamama

No comments: