Friday, August 05, 2005

Ava celebrates her sixteen month birthday


Hi stinky-dink!

Today, you are sixteen months old. We celebrated this exciting event with buying you big-girl walking shoes from Nordstrom. As always, I couldn't buy you pink shoes, I bought you super purple shoes! My bank account hurt just a little as I dropped $50 on shoes for you, but since these are your first shoes, I couldn't resist.

We also celebrated today by hanging out with our friends Amy and Jack. We went to lunch at olive garden where you and Jack swung spaghetti noodles high over your heads and then cracked them like whips.

We then went to the petting zoo, where you touched goats' horns, surprised at the hardness of them and wondering why the small black and white animals at home don't have these. You always love the ducks, and tried more than once to climb into the duck pond although I insisted it wasn't a good day for swimming. You monkey scooted your way across the petting zoo getting your new shoes all dusty.
We finished our SF Zoo experience with a ride on the carousel horse, you in front, me in back. I asked you mid-ride what you thought and you responded with "Yaaaaayyyyyy!"

You are such a beautiful child, a wonderful child, and a curious child. Your latest tricks are to cover your eyes for peek-a-boo when I say "Where's Ava?" and then you take your hands off and giggle when I say "There she is!" You love your cupboard in the kitchen where you can empty all of the plastic containers onto the floor and watch me put them away. You walk sometimes, not always, but when you do you grin uncontrollably because you know you are doing something BIG.

I love you more each day,

Mamama

No comments: