Friday, July 22, 2005

Water Fun

Hi my little love,

You just took a bath, preceeded, of course, by the "someone is going to get a bath" and "naked baby dance" songs. I think you know these songs mean you're going to get a bath since I've sung them to you from the time you started taking baths after your umbilical cord stump was eased off by your doctor.

Now you have a cute belly button where that cord used to be, but as usual, I digress.

This week your cousins Jonathan (9) and Destiny (6) arrived from SoCal to hang out with your Nana and our tribe of three. You've had a busy week with them - we went to the Zoo on Tuesday where the prarie dogs have replaced the penguins as your favorite animals. I took you out of your stroller and you kept pulling yourself up and tapping on the plexiglass that separated them from you. Your cousin Jonathan loved the lions best, especially because he got to see them eat lunch, and we're still not sure what Destiny liked best.

Today you, me, your Dadada, the cousins, Jacque, Tina, Brianna, and Brooke all went to waterworld where you & I hung out on the grass while the others went off to partake of the waterslides. We were bored soon enough, me more than you, as you were entertained by climbing up onto the plastic lounge chair, scooting up and down the length, then climbing off onto the ground. You did this numerous times until I finally said we were going to grab and innertube and float along the Lazy River ride.

As soon as we got situated, where I was laying across the tube with my bottom touching the water, you riding on my stomach, we had more fun than should be legal. You screamed everytime we got splashed by some errant kid, but for the most part, you loved watching the world float by from Mamama's tummy. We tried this again after lunch, but it didn't fare as well because I couldn't get off of the inner tube without sending both of us underwater. I wanted to scream, but you screamed enough for the two of us! A couple more years and you'll love the water park, but for now, the bathtub is really all you need for guaranteed water fun.

You have been quite the climber for the last couple weeks. You have mastered the art of mounting and dismounting your trusty wooden steed, and also your little tyke tricycle. Your feet can't quite touch the ground from the trike yet, but if enthusiasm could power those wheels, you would be out of the house and down the block by now.

You're still putting everything possible in your mouth, but we did just figure out that you're growing a new tooth. It's not one of those giant baby molars you grew four of a couple months ago, but it's one on top between the four teeth on top and that molar - one of the bicuspids for sure. Your Dadada and I were really relieved to see that a tooth was the cause of your utter misery last night because when I say you were not yourself, I mean that it was like someone replaced my happy pleasant little girl with one who cries all the time and cannot be consoled by anything. We were also blaming the full moon, which we do whenever there is one around to blame, but I was relieved to see a tooth peek its painful spikes through your tender gums. Growing teeth is hard business!

Now, you are thinking about mounting your trusty steed, but really you're trying to see what I'm doing on my computer which is my cue to post and sign off.

I love you, my little one, today and always.
Mamama

No comments: