Wednesday, July 27, 2005

These Feets Were Made For Walkin'

Hi kitten,

Every day you are getting bolder in literally stepping away from your supports. I am awed by your sudden confidence, boldness, in turning away from the chair that supports you and toddling about on your own two feet.

You walk a little like Frankenstein, wobbly but with determination and confidence that grows with every step. I am amazed that last Friday you were pushing a stool around as an improvised walker, and today you turn away from it and walk to the center of the room, taking one, two, three, four, five, six, and maybe seven steps until your knees shake and you realize you're really WALKING and you plop to the ground.

You keep trying though, letting go of each support, walking towards me, walking away from me. You are teaching me to never give up.

love,
your mamama

No comments: