Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My little yogini

While Grandma Bear was here a couple weeks ago, I jumped into a yoga teacher training at www.yogatreesf.com. It's been marvelous, if not a little tiring.

I really, really, really want to teach yoga to toddlers. I wasn't quite sure how young those toddlers could be though. As I practiced a couple poses in front of Grandma Bear and you, I said that I thought you might be too young for yoga.

As luck would have it, you jumped with an abundance of enthusiasm into a replication of my triangle pose:

Or maybe it's warrior two from the look on your face.

Then you showed us what else you could do:

parsva upavista konasana (seated side angle pose)


we'll call this warrior two, or action figure pose
(virabhadrasana)

And it was time to finish, with savasana, of course (corpse pose)


Thank you for teaching me that you're never too young for yoga.

all my love,
Mommy

No comments: